U.S. B2B PC Digital Content Marketing Manager - HP Inc. Houston, TX | 12/2016 – Present
Built the first strategic social foundation (key audiences, brand voice, and strategy) for the U.S. Commercial PC team on HP’s Business channels. Manage a targeted content strategy across the customer journey to increase brand lift and sales enablement.
• Launched and manage an exclusive tech and on-air partnership with Cheddar TV and a $1.2M
Twitter mobile ad buy. Achieved 119M A/V live views in 2018 and managed over 33 interviews for
HP executives and partners
• Achieved 23+% YoY engagement & 98% brand sentiment on HP’s social channels promoting new
experiential activations at SXSW, Coachella and Panorama NYC music festivals
• Launched and manage the first Eloqua-based, mid-funnel lead-gen Security and DaaS-focused
content site for Enterprise ITDMs and BDMs for binge consumption to increase consideration and
preference. In addition to the ability to send leads to Partners and HP Sales, the site provides key
consumption learnings to ensure the value of future content
• Build KPIs and strategy for AMB-to-scale content nurturing and retargeting campaigns across the
customer journey using LinkedIn, telemarketing and marketing automation tools to drive leads and
enable unit sales
US Commercial Mobility Marketing Manager - HP Inc. Houston, TX | 8/2014 – 12/2016
Drive demand and engagement around HP's US Commercial Mobility Solutions for commercial, corporate and SMB customers. Develop, manage and execute the digital and direct marketing strategies to support the sales and business goals of the US Mobility category team. Maintain strong relationships with corporate partners and negotiate monetary and product support.
• Develop strategies and manage US marketing efforts on new product launches
• Manage and oversee spending on a $1.9 - $2M annual budget, continually meeting 100% spending
• Developed and lead the first social media strategy for Commercial BPS US team and will lead on the new FY16 strategy
Global Social Media Project Manager - Shell Houston, TX | October 2012 – August 2014
Oversaw six worldwide community platform managers, supported implementation and day-to-day management of Shell’s use of social media communications across key global channels. Supported new platform launches in Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and China. Managed large agency teams for training, implementation and roll out of global social media processes (content management, crisis planning), media spend, analytics and platform reporting (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Sina Weibo, Tencent and YouTube).
• Directed all visual/video assets and messaging for the global 2M, 3M, 4M and 5M Facebook Fan milestones.
• Managed social media promotion of Shell Ideas360, a global student contest around Sustainability on Shell’s channels.
Created and executed the overall marketing plan, designed, developed and launched a Flash™-based, e-commerce website and trade show presence for an international B2C services company. Managed and implemented advertising strategies using Social Media.
Managed four direct reports responsible for website experiences, internal and executive communications, trade show presence, brand messaging, and client relationships. Launched new internal and external communication channels for clients. Client base included: HP, BP, Vopak North America, University of Houston and The Houston Texans NFL team.
Copyright © 2019 Cheryl E. Walters | All rights reserved.
Customer Relationship Management
HubSpot, OnContact, Dynamics, Salestrakr
Account Based Marketing
PathFactory, UberFlip, Outreach
Graphic + eLearning Design
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, Keynote ’09, Captivate 8
Basecamp, Highrise, Campfire, TimeFox
Analytics & Marketing Automation
Adobe Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Sprinklr, Hootsuite
MailChimp, Woofoo, Constant Contact, Ennect
Strategy + Implementation
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, Instagram, YouTube
Analytics, Engagement + Monitoring
Buddy Media, Adobe Social, Social Chorus
Greater Houston Partnership, Workforce Development Committee | 2008 to 2011
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) | 2010 to Present
National Charity League, Cypress Belles Chapter
1996 to Present
B.S. Visual Communication
Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
UC Berkeley (Targeted Completion: April 2019)